WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN










WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!!
I hope you enjoy the food!!!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Burritos/Chilli Con Carne

How to cook a meal without lifting a finger!!

Well almost!!

Tonight I made Burritos/Chilli - you decide. It was so easy I don't even feel like I did anything - except smell the delicious aromas all day while I cleaned the house!!

So what did I do?

Burritos / Chilli Con Carne

1 kg diced Casserole beef
1 x 415g can tomato soup
1 x onion, diced finely
2 x gloves crushed garlic

Put it all in the crock pot, mix well. Bung on the lid and leave for 8 hours at the lowest setting. (you really cannot cook this for too long!!) At about 8 hours drain a can (400g) of kidney beans. Add to the meat mixture. At this time if the mixture is too watery, add 2 tsp of cornflour that has been mixed with approx. 1 tbs of water. Stir well, and increase the heat to the highest setting for about 1 hour. Stir after about 30 minutes to make sure it is not congealing on the sides and bottom!

The meat is now ready to eat.

You have a couple of options now!

1. Serve with tortillas, lettuce, tomato, avocado, sour cream etc. etc as a burrito
2. Serve in a bowl as chilli con carne, either with rice or just topped with grated cheese and sour cream.

Oh, too easy.

Did I really cook dinner tonight?

Please share with me Dear Readers some of your easy, peasy dinner options.

No comments:

Post a Comment