WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN










WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!!
I hope you enjoy the food!!!

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Thermomix Chilli Con Carne

This recipe is for all my new Thermomix customers.  I made  this the other night and just loved it - the kids did too!!!  So super easy and tasty!!!



Chilli Con Carne
Adapted from EDC Thermomix Cookbook

Serves 4-6

1 onion, quartered
4 cloves garlic
1 small red chilli, or to taste
1 tbs olive oil
600g steak (I used porterhouse), roughly cut into cubes
400g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tbs TM vegetable stock concentrate
2 tbs tomato paste

To Serve
grated cheese
sour cream
salsa
avocado
warmed flour tortillas

Place the onion, garlic and chilli in the TM bowl - chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.  Scrape down bowl, and repeat if necessary.  Set aside.

In 2-3 batches place the beef into the TM bowl.  Set the dial to closed lid position and press the Turbo button 3-5 times, or until the beef is minced to desired consistency.  I like mine with a little texture - so I minced one batch a little more than the others, and one slightly less than the others - this gave it a really good chunky consistency.  Set meat aside.

Place the onion, garlic and chilli in the TM bowl.  Add the olive oil and saute for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on reverse and speed soft (without the MC in place).

Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 25 minutes at 100 degrees on reverse and speed soft.

Serve in bowls, garnished with grated cheese, sour cream and whatever other toppings you desire!!!



This was sooo yummy - I will definitely be making my chilli con carne this way from now on!!!  Trust me, making your own mince is worth the extra few minutes it takes!!  Perhaps not as cheap as the mince you buy already packaged - but at least you know what is in there!!!






4 comments:

  1. I cooked chilli con carne last night as well - perfect dinner for the sudden drop in temperature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chili con carne Mmmmmmmm Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU!! This chilli is delicious and super easy! My whole family loved it.
    I am following the 4 Hour Body eating plan (slow carb) and this recipe is a perfect meal - AND it uses my Thermie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. G'day and big, big thanks for inspiring me! I adapted your recipe today and came out GREAT!! Here's a photo that I will be blogging about soon; of course giving you credit for the inspiration! Cheers! Joanne
    http://bit.ly/1j5quHh
    One word? YUM!

    ReplyDelete