WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN










WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!!
I hope you enjoy the food!!!

Monday, March 14, 2011

BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Skewers

Travelling around food blogs is fun!!

You can catch a glimpse into what others are serving at their table.  A lot of the time though I get terrible food envy.  I envy those bloggers who don't have children, and can dine on the fine stuff all the time, I envy the bloggers who have children who will eat vegetables without complaining, but most of all I envy other people's ability to take such beautiful photos.  Perhaps one day I will get a real camera and I too will have lovely photos adorning my blog!!!

When you visit other blogs you get inspiration, and often come away thinking "I am going to make that" - the trouble is there are so many recipes running around in your head that if you don't do it then and there, you often forget where you saw the recipe.  Recently when I was visiting Pam's house I saw that she had made this lovely recipe - BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Skewers.  This was a must, and was quickly added to the menu for the up coming week.  The flavours in the BBQ sauce are great, and the combination of the chicken and pineapple is a winner.



BBQ Chicken and Pineapple Skewers
From The Love of Cooking website 


1 cup tomato sauce (ketchup)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/4 lemon, juiced
1 tbs yellow mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 cloves garlic

1/2 fresh pineapple, diced
3-4 chicken breasts (depending on size) diced *

Combine the tomato sauce, soy sauce, honey, mustard, brown sugar, lemon juice and garlic in a small saucepan.  Cook over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes, stirring often.

Allow to cool.

Place diced chicken in a large bowl.  Add approximately 1/2 of the BBQ sauce, mix well and allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.

Thread diced chicken and pieces of pineapple onto skewers.  Place under under a hot grill and cook for 5-10 minutes, turning often, or until golden and cooked through.



Serve with steamed rice, salad and or vegetables.

I think the next time I make this recipe I will actually use thigh fillets - I found that the breasts were a little dry for my liking - but I will leave that up to you.

We had a skewer left over - so guess what - tonight being pizza night there will be a BBQ and pineapple pizza on the menu!!!!!

Thanks Pam for your inspiration for dinner!!!  Sorry my photos do not do it justice!


3 comments:

  1. I always prefer thigh fillets to breast, I have never been a breast fan LOL. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very fortunate as my daughter will eat, or at least try everything that is put in front of her. I'm hoping she doesn't change as she is only 3! I like blogs where the food (and the photos) look so real and you know that the food is then eaten by people who enjoy it....though saying that i would love a new camera.
    These skewers look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. half the time im eating 2min noodles so i envy you and your balanced meals! since starting the new job i think im becoming malnourished bah but your chicken and pineapple skewers sound delish!

    ReplyDelete