WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN










WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!!
I hope you enjoy the food!!!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mango & Toffee Macadamia Ice Cream

I saw this recipe in the December issue of Good Food and just knew that I had to make it.

It had all my favourite things in it - mangoes - white chocolate and scorched macadamias!!! Yum!!  I did cheat a little - eliminated a step from the recipe (I bought the scorched macadamias rather than making them myself - but I will give you the recipe in it's entirety just in case you are not near a nut shop that sells the macadamias already done!!)



Mango and Toffee Macadamia Ice Cream
Recipe from Good Food Magazine - December issue

Serves 8

40g butter
200g salted roasted macadamia nuts
100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
2 litres good quality vanillla ice cream
200g (I used 250G - why waste the rest of the block!!) white chocolate, finely chopped
2 mangoes, cheeks removed, peeled, finely chopped.

Line a baking tray with non stick baking paper.   Melt the butter in a large frypan over medium high heat.  Add the nuts and sugar.  Cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and is golden.  Spread over the prepared tray.  Set aside for 30 minutes or until set.  Chop coarsley.

Line a 20 x 10cm loaf tin with plastic wrap  - allowing the sides to overhang.(I actually used a 23x27cm tin - and it was perfect - filled to perfection!!).

Transfer the ice cream to a large bowl.  Set aside for 10 minutes to soften.

Stir in the chocolate, and half the nut mixture.  Stir in the mango.  Spoon the ice cream mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.  Fold over the overhanging plastic wrap.  Place in the freezer overnight, or until firm.



Turn onto a chopping board.  Unwrap and cut into slices.  Divide among serving plates.  Top with remaining nut mixture.



If you have ever had a Weis Mango bar - this is just like it - only better!!!

As I went to serve this last night Mr. CCC told me he didn't like mangoes - oh well, all the more for me!!!!  Funny how you can live with someone for years and assume that just because you love something they do too!  Is there something that you have discovered after many years that your partner did not like???

1 comment: