WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN










WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!!
I hope you enjoy the food!!!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Prawn and Avocado Cocktail Wontons

Gosh, I can't believe it - this time next week will be the 25th of October!!  Pretty significant in my house because - my baby "Precious" turns 21!!!  Where have the years gone?!?

Not only is it a big day for us in this house, but it also means the start of the countdown to Christmas!!

Are we all ready?  I know I am not - I have 2 birthdays in October and I know I can't even start to think about Christmas until I have got them out of the way.

As we start on the down hill slide to Christmas you can be assured that there will be lots of entertaining going on from here on in.

If you are heading out and have been asked to bring a plate these little numbers are incredibly easy, and big on the wow factor.  With a glass of bubbly in your hand, they also go down a treat!



Prawn and Avocado Cocktail Wontons


Makes 32

32 wonton wrappers
2/3 cup lite sour cream
3 tsp worcestershire sauce
24 cooked small king prawns, chopped
iceberg lettuce, shredded
1/2 cup olive oil
2tbs tomato sauce (ketchup)
1 tbs lemon juice
2 lge avocadoes, diced

Preheat oven to 180C.

Brush both sides of the wonton wrappers with the olive oil.  Ease the oiled wrappers into mini muffin pans.  Bake for 5-8 minutes, or until golden and crisp.  Transfer to a wire rack to cool.  After they are cooled you can store in an airtight container overnight if you need to.

Combine the sour cream, sauces and lemon juice. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.  Add the chopped prawns, and diced avocado.  Gently toss to coat in the sauce.

Place a small amount of the lettuce in each wonton cup, top with the prawn mixture.

Serve immediately.




Now I am warning you - make sure you grab a few of these as soon as you put them down, because they disappear real fast!!  Don't say I didn't warn you!!

Tomorrow my friend is coming by so that I can have a play with her Thermomix.  We have a big day of cooking planned, and I am going to document it all with photos and recipes.  We plan on making 2 kinds on stock, Ellie's homemade Ferrero Rochers, Risotto, dips, and grinding and milling away to our hearts content.  A real girl's day in!!  Stay tuned for all the details (I think that secretly she is hoping I will want one so badly that I will buy myself one for Christmas!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment