WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN










WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!!
I hope you enjoy the food!!!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Peri Peri Chicken Burgers

If you are looking for something quick, easy, and healthy for a meal, how about Peri Peri Chicken Burgers?

The other night people were in and out, I was not sure how many were eating so I decided to get some chicken breasts and some rolls and make chicken burgers.  "The Darlings" don't like spicy - so I didn't marinate theirs in the perir peri sauce - but it still made for an easy dinner.



Peri Peri Chicken Burgers


Serves 4


1 double chicken breast, sliced in half horizontally
2 tbs Peri Peri Sauce * see photo
3 cloves of crushed garlic
juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbs olive oil
1/2 bunch coriander leaves, chopped
freshly ground pepper


Combine all the above ingredients in a bowl, add the chicken pieces and marinate for at least an hour.


To cook, you can either pan fry (which is what I did) or you can char grill on the BBQ.


To serve, top the bun with Perinaise (see photo), lettuce, tomato, avocado, and pickled cucumbers.  Add sauce of choice - sweet chilli of course, and enjoy!!!






Pickled Cucumbers


1 cucumber, shaved into ribbons
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1 red chilli, finely diced
1 tbs caster sugar


Place the rice wine vinegar, sugar and chilli in a bowl.


To shave the cucumber into ribbons, use a vegetable peeler.  Add the cucumber to the vinegar mixture.  Marinate for as long as you marinate the chicken.


How's that for a simple dinner?

Food has been a bit of a non event in this house this week - must still be in a funk about my oven!!!  Every time I think of a recipe I have to remind myself - No Oven!!!  I attempted to make sweet potato rosti last night - they looked nothing like the photo, and were a bit of a disaster - so won't even bother sharing that recipe!!

I am trying to get myself out of the funk tonight - have just been shopping and have multiple choices for dinner tonight - will see what I feel like cooking when I get all the groceries away!! (probably nothing!!)

Dear Readers do you ever get in food funks?  How do you get out of it?  Me .... I am hoping someone comes up with a website that tells me what to we are having, plans it all, buys it all (and cooks it all!!!!) LOL - wouldn't that be great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment