WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN










WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!!
I hope you enjoy the food!!!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Moroccan Lamb and Pumpkin Casserole with Couscous

By now Dear Readers you should know that when it comes to the Thermomix I am a raving fan!!!

Yes, I know that I am now a consultant, and I am supposed to promote it, but I just love "Thermie" so much that I can't stop talking about him.  So  many days, in so many ways, he helps me in the kitchen.  I may make a small component of the meal in him, or like tonight I might make the whole meal in him (should I say that - doesn't sound quite right does it??)  Anyway tonight's meal is utilising the varoma as well as the bowl - so it is a complete meal in one!!!



Moroccan Lamb and Pumpkin Casserole with Couscous
Adapted from Meat on the Menu - Thermomix Cookbook 
recipe contributed by Sandra Harris, WA

Serves 4

1 onion, peeled, and quartered
1 cloves garlic
1 tbs butter
400-600g cubed lamb
2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
400g can chick peas, drained
100g pitted dates
30g honey
50g tomato paste
juice 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into large chunks
1 cup couscous

Place the pumpkin cubes into the bottom of the varoma receptacle.  On the top layer place a piece of baking paper that has been crinkled and rinsed in water.  Rinse the couscous liberally with water and place on the wet paper.  Place the lid on the varoma.

Place the onion, garlic and butter into the TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5.

Scrape down the sides of the bowl and saute for 3 minutes at varoma temperature on speed 1.

Add the lamb and the spices and cook for 7 minutes at varoma temperature on reverse and speed soft.  Make sure to place the varoma on top while this is cooking.



Add the reminaing ingredients and cook for a further 10 minutes at 100 degrees on reverse and speed soft (again with the varoma in place!).

Place the meat and the pumpkin into the thermoserver and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.

If the couscous is still not quite cooked, rinse out the TM bowl and fill it with boiling water.  Place the couscous and varoma receptacle back on top and cook at varoma temperature for 10 minutes on speed 4.



So there you have it a meal cooked in 30 minutes, all in the one place.  How easy is that?  The flavours in this dish were really lovely.  Adding the pumpkin added another lovely element to the dish, and perhaps a little more sweetness.

I'm not going to bang on here about Thermie - you know I'm having an affair with him!!!


9 comments:

  1. It sound fantastic. Think you will have to come to France on holiday, bring me a thermomix and give me a few lessons LOL. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive never cooked cous cous before... looks interestin!!

    i love pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More than happy to come to France with Thermie Diane!!! They should be pretty available over there - I imagine they are easier to find than here in Oz!

    You can always come here to visit me!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha i envy your thermie! (especially when i return to work!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was delicious thank you! I did need the extra 10 mins for the pumpkin and cous cous but that was perfect timing. Tender, sweet and moreish �� definitely making again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks that is a great recipe. Is there any way to make your recipes 'print friendly' like 'recipe community'?

    ReplyDelete