WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN










WELCOME TO MY KITCHEN!!
I hope you enjoy the food!!!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pork Spare Ribs

I have decided that when it comes to ribs eaters there are two kinds - there are the "chewers" who love to gnaw on the bone, and then there are the "suckers" (and I am one of these) we like to suck the succulently tender meat from the bones.  Now there is nothing wrong with being either kind - and I do tend to do both kinds here, but I must admit that given the time I will always go for the suckingly soft version!

On Sunday I decided that rather than the usual pizza night (I end up feeling like "mamma" churning out the pizzas while they sit there gobbling them up!) I would do ribs - they are easy - marinate and forget.  I thought to make it really easy I would go for the "chew" version.  So here's my recipe for easy peasy ribs.




BBQ Pork Spare Ribs


1 tbs olive oil
1 bottle of good quality BBQ Sauce 
2 tsp paprika (your choice - smoky if you like it like that - or hungarian)
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar *
1/2 tsp tabasco sauce (omit if you don't want them spicy)
dash of red wine (to loosen the last bit of BBQ sauce from the bottle!!)
ribs **


I like to place all the marinade ingredients into one of those really large ziploc bags - that way you have no mess!  Leave the ribs to marinate for at least 4 hours.




* Depending on the BBQ sauce you use you may not need the brown sugar 


- I used a new brand , and found that it was really quite sweet, so I didn't add the brown sugar.




** For the ribs - I like to have one rack per person (I live with a bunch of
carnivores!!!)




To cook - preheat a barbeque (with hood) on high.  When hot, reduce the heat to low/medium, and set the flames to the sides.  Drain the ribs, reserving the marinade.  Put the ribs in a large disposable baking tray.  Place the ribs in the centre of the barbeque, with the heat source on either side (you want to cook with indirect heat!)  Cook for 1 hour, or until cooked through, basting regularly.


Serve with corn on the cob, baked potatoes and sour cream and a salad (or even coleslaw).

"The Darlings" are carnivores - so they just love this meal.  What could be easier?

Now if you are a "sucker" like me - check out my recipe for "Best Darn Ribs ever" in the pork section.  Both are good, as I said it is personal choice!!

PS. I didn't get off the pizza hook entirely - it was Mr. CCC's birthday yesterday - and what was the request??? Pizza of course!!  Prawn pizza no less - will give you the toppings for those later......

No comments:

Post a Comment